Enabling SmarterProctoring in your Canvas site
To enable the SmarterProctoring link in a Canvas site
- From your Canvas site, click the Settings button on the course navigation window.
- Click the Navigation tab (See Fig. 1) on the top of the page.
Figure 1: Click on the Navigation tab that is on the top of the Settings page.
- You'll see two groups of buttons. The top group contains buttons that are currently active. The bottom group shows buttons that are currently inactive. Locate the SmarterProctoring button in the bottom group.
- Click on the three vertical dots and drag and drop it into the top group.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Note: it is advisable to hide the Quiz and Assignments tabs.
- If a student clicks on a SmarterProctoring test in Quizzes or Assignments, they will be prompted for an access code and SmarterProctoring will not launch.
- For the same reason we do not recommend putting links directly to SmarterProctoring tests in Modules.
- If you do make the Quiz and Assignments tabs available, we recommend labeling SmarterProctoring tests as such and including wording in the directions telling them to click on SmarterProctoring and then select the test.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 11:26 AM