Note: if you previously used Proctorio, please look at Transitioning a Canvas Quiz from Proctorio to SmarterProctoring.
- From your Canvas site, click the Settings button on the course navigation window.
- Select the Navigation tab on the top of the page (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Navigation tab that is on the top of the Settings page.
- You'll see two groups of buttons. The top group contains buttons that are currently active. The bottom group shows buttons that are currently inactive. Locate the SmarterProctoring button in the bottom group.
- Select the three vertical dots and drag and drop it into the top group.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Save.
Note: it is advisable to hide the Quiz and Assignments tabs.
- If a student selects a SmarterProctoring test in Quizzes or Assignments, they will be prompted for an access code and SmarterProctoring will not launch.
- For the same reason we do not recommend putting links directly to SmarterProctoring tests in Modules.
- If you do make the Quiz and Assignments tabs available, we recommend labeling SmarterProctoring tests as such and including wording in the directions telling them to select SmarterProctoring navigation link and then select the test.
After enabling SmarterProctoring go to Setting up a SmarterProctoring exam.
Modified on: Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 9:31 AM
Did you find it helpful?