SmarterProctoring is an advanced solution for online test security, remote, automated and live test proctoring, and for scheduling face-to-face proctoring.
How can I use SmarterProctoring in teaching?
- Verify the student's identity as the test begins.
- Lock down the student's computer with a variety of options while students are taking your test.
- Monitor the student's computer and environment while the test is in progress.
- Provide proctoring in multiple modalities to find the best fit for individual students.
What is unique about SmarterProctoring?
- SmarterProctoring provides a range of proctoring alternatives to meet different needs.
- SmarterProctoring allows the instructor to enable options for automated verification and monitoring of the test-taker, the environment and the desktop. Features include content protection; blocking other extensions; analysis of the student’s on-screen activities, eye and facial movements; and a panorama of the room and of ambient noise.
- SmarterProctoring provides automated reporting to flag the most critical items for you to review when using automated proctoring.
- SmarterProctoring offers a range of options to accommodate students with disabilities, technical issues, security or privacy concerns.
SmarterProctoring is integrated into Canvas. The only supported browser is Google Chrome on Windows, Mac or Chromebooks. Students will need a web camera and microphone and will need to download a browser extension from SmarterProctoring. Students may be prompted to change some browser security settings and then restart Chrome the first time they use SmarterProctoring. Students should plan to take the test in a well-lit space to ensure a good recording of their test session.
Modified on: Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 2:17 PM
Did you find it helpful?