The following is a sample syllabus option, please feel free to copy and adapt it for your syllabus within the constraints of your campus’s syllabus policy.
Some assessments (such as tests and/or quizzes) in this course require the use of auto proctoring, which is an online, remote proctoring system that uses advanced machine learning and identity-verification technology to ensure test integrity. The Getting Started with Smarter Proctoring page has additional information.
You must have a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and a microphone; you cannot use a smartphone or tablet. You must use the most recent Chrome browser, with the SmarterProtoring web extension installed and have a stable internet connection to take the assessment. The University recognizes that not all students may be able meet the minimum requirements. If you do not have access to the minimum technology requirements, or have disabilities that require the use of a screen reader or keyboard navigation shortcuts, please inform your instructor before the quiz or test so that accommodations may be made.
You may have an opportunity to take a practice assessment before you take a graded assessment. You should do this ahead of your first real assessment as required adjustments may take a few minutes and use up valuable assessment time.
Please be aware that:
- You, your computer, and your physical test-taking environment may be recorded.
- As you may be recorded, please dress appropriately.
- You may be asked to show a picture ID to the camera.
- You will need a quiet place to take the assessment —- both for your concentration and as interruptions (voices, another person on camera) may be flagged for potential cheating.
See the Keep Learning website to learn more about:
- System requirements and troubleshooting guides
- Install any needed extensions
- Set up your assessment environment
- Complete the pre-assessment checks
Modified on: Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 2:17 PM
Did you find it helpful?