Adding a Google file to the Rich Content Editor in Canvas
- Anywhere the Rich Content Editor (RCE) is used (assignment, page, discussions etc.) click the Plug icon (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Rich Content Editor menu
- Click View All.
- In the list of apps click Google Drive (LTI 1.3) (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: List of apps
- In the dialog box make sure that your @umsystem.edu account is showing and choose Select File (See Fig. 3). If you were logged in with a Gmail account, click Switch Account and authenticate with your SSO.
Figure 3: Google drive dialog box
- Choose the file that you want and click Add.
- A warning will appear to let you know that the permissions are going to be changed. Click Attach (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Attach the google file
- The file will be embedded into the rich content editor. Click the X to close the google drive window to return to Canvas.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 3:28 PM