Submitting a student's paper to Turnitin
An instructor can submit a student's paper to Turnitin Feedback Studio.
- Open a web browser and go to https://turnitin.com/login_page.asp
- Click the link next to Forgot your password? (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Click here to get Forgot your password? prompt.
- Enter your campus email address as it appears in Canvas and your Last Name.
- Follow the steps to create a password.
- Return to https://turnitin.com/login_page.asp and log in.
- Click on the link for one of your classes. If you do not have a class, click the green Add Class button, and fill in the form. (When queried for an Enrollment key, enter any value you like. This is not used in our Turnitin configuration, but is a required field.)
- Click the Add Assignment button.
- Leave the default selection at Paper Assignment and click the Next Step button.
- Enter Direct Submit in the Assignment title field, 0 in the Point value field, and set the Due Date and Post Date fields to a couple of days later (do not exceed the end date of the Canvas site).
- Click the Submit button.
- At the end of the row for the Direct Submit assignment, click on the More Actions link and select Submit from the drop-down menu (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Click Submit under the More actions link
- From the Submit drop-down menu you can choose to upload a single file, multiple files (in a .zip file), or paste in the text of a paper.
- Select your option and follow the steps to submit the paper.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 9:59 AM