This recording will walk through the steps for creating an organization or development site. Start with making sure you understand how these sites, and their enrollments, work.
- Go to the Canvas Request System and log in.
- Select the New Course tab (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: New Course tab in the navigation menu
- In the Select Campus drop-down list, select the campus where the course will be offered.
Note: Only the campuses where you are employed will be available in the list.
- In the Set New Course Type drop-down list, select an option for the kind of course you are creating.
- Development is for your own use to practice or develop course ideas.
- Organization is available for group use for communications.
- Non-credit is used for a traditional teaching course, but it is not for registrar credit.
- In the Enter a course name box, type the name of the course.
- Symbols will not appear in the actual course name.
- You cannot edit the information in the Preview of Full Course Name. It is showing how the course name will appear. You can edit the information that appears in this area by making different selections in steps 2 and 3, or type a different course name.
- Select Submit (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Entering a course name
- A success message will appear which will include a link to add users to the course (See, Fig. 3). You may add users now, or at another time using this process.
Figure 3: Course Successfully Created message
- To view your New Course history, select the Home tab and select the New Course History tab (See, Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Course request history
Modified on: Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 12:05 PM
Did you find it helpful?