This documentation will walk you through adding user(s) to a course using the Canvas Request System. Note: You can only add an Observer or Course Coordinator to a registrar course. For any other level of access you must get Registrar approval and send that approval to the Academic Technologies team. Any user level of access can be added to an organization or development site. If you would like to add a test student account to your course site using Cirrus identity please follow these instructions.
- Go to the Canvas Request System and log in.
- Select the Course User Assignment tab (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Select the Course User Assignment tab
- Type information in the box to locate the course that you want to assign. Enter one of the following in the search box:
- Course number
- Partial or Full Course ID
- Instructor SSO ID
- Select Search.
- When the results appear, choose Select on the line of the course you want to assign a user (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Choose Select on the line of the course you want to assign a user.
- The course details will appear. Select the Add Course User button (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Select the Add Course User button
- Type the user’s SSO or last name in the search box and select Search (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Select Search to search for the user
- Select Add User for the user you want to add from the list (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Select Add User for the user you want to add from the list
- Select the Role. Adding information in the Note box is optional for any role except Student.
- To add more users, repeat Steps 8 and 9.
- To finalize, select Submit User Assignments (See, Fig. 6).
Figure 6: Select the Role and select Submit User Assignments.
Modified on: Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 4:11 PM
Did you find it helpful?