Adding Users to a Canvas Course using the CRS
Note: You can only add an Observer or Course Coordinator to a registrar course. For any other changes, please contact your registrar. Any user can be added to an organization or development site.
- Go to the Canvas Request System and log in.
- Click the Course User Assignment tab (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Click the Course User Assignment tab
- Type information in the box to locate the course that you want to assign. Enter one of the following in the search box:
- Course number
- Partial or Full Course ID
- Instructor SSO ID
- Click Search.
- When the results appear, click Select on the line of the course you want to assign a user (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Click Select on the line of the course you want to assign a user.
- The course details will appear. Click the Add Course User button (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Click the Add Course User button
- Type the user’s SSO or last name in the search box and click Search (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Click Search to search for the user
- Click Add User for the user you want to add from the list (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Click Add User for the user you want to add from the list
- Select the Role. Adding information in the Note box is optional for any role except Student.
- Click Add User (See, Fig. 6).
Figure 6: Select the Role and click Add User.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 9:42 AM