In order to allow a student with an incomplete access to your Canvas course site past the end of the semester, or custom enrollment period of a 6-month Self-paced Canvas course, you will need to use the Delayed Grade Section in the Canvas Request System. The student's enrollment in the delayed grade section must be recorded with the registrar in PeopleSoft as DL (delayed) until you update the record with their final grade.
- Log into the Canvas Request System.
- Select Delayed Grade Sections in the upper menu (See, Fig. 1).
- Enter one of the following in the Search box (See, Fig. 1).
Course number, Reference number, Partial or Full Course ID, Instructor SSO ID
- Select Search (See, Fig. 1)
Figure 1: Searching for a course for a delayed grade
- Choose Select for the course you need (See, Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Selecting the Canvas course site.
- A list of students that are currently enrolled in the course will appear. Select Enroll in Late Grading Section for the student that you want to enroll in the late grading section. You may also use the Filter search box to narrow down the results (See, Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Searching for the applicable student
- The pending status for the student will update to Enrolled (pending submission). You may also select Remove from Late Grading Section if you have chosen the wrong student (See, Fig. 4).
- Select Submit to finalize the change (See, Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Viewing changes prior to submission
- You will see a confirmation message and the status that has changed to Enrolled (See, Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Confirmation of changes
- You will receive an email confirming the enrollment.
Modified on: Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 2:48 PM
Did you find it helpful?