Step 1: Build your slides
The group leader should start a Google Slide deck and share the file with the other members of the group.
The group leader should download the slide deck as a PDF or JPG set of images to a computer and take responsibility to create the group’s presentation in VoiceThread.
Need help with Google Slides?
Alternatively, you can skip this step and work on your presentation in VoiceThread instead.
Step 2: Working in VoiceThread
Once your slides are finished, the group leader will create a new VoiceThread.
- Go to the VoiceThread Homepage link in the Start Here module. Select in the upper right hand corner. See this help page if you need further help.
- Once your VoiceThread is created you will share it will your group members with Edit access..
- Add audio or video comments to your VoiceThread to narrate your presentation. You can find the VoiceThread in the VoiceThread Homepage link in the Start Here module.
Step 3: Submitting the VoiceThread
- Go to the Group Presentation assignment in the module. Follow these instructions to submit your VoiceThread presentation.
Step 4: Viewing/Commenting on presentations
- Go to the Group Presentation assignment in the module. Select the Student Gallery to view the class presentations and to respond to your classmates discussion with additional comments.
Note: you must first select Start Assignment to view the Student Gallery of submissions.
More VoiceThread Tips:
- Working with VoiceThread in your Canvas site
- Submitting a VoiceThread assignment
- Sharing your VoiceThread with your Group members
- How to delete a slide
- How to delete a recording
- How to add a weblink to a slide
- How to replace a slide without deleting the recording
- How to retrieve a deleted Voicethread presentation from VT Trash
Modified on: Thu, May 25, 2023 at 9:32 AM
Did you find it helpful?