Creating a VoiceThread assignment
VoiceThread assignments can be added to the Modules or Assignments section of your Canvas site.
Note: Students cannot comment on their own submitted VoiceThreads (or those of their classmates) once they have Submitted their VoiceThread assignments. They should not Submit their assignments until they have completed the Commenting requirements for the assignment. Students can Withdraw their assignment submissions if they need to to add Comments to their own or their classmates VoiceThreads.
- In your Canvas site, click the Modules or Assignments button in your course navigation menu.
- Click the + sign to add a new Assignment.
- Choose New Assignment and put in an assignment name.
- Click on the assignment link that you just created in your course.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enter the number of points the assignment is worth.
- Click the drop-down menu for Submission Type and select External Tool (See Fig. 1).
- Click the Find button and choose VoiceThread from the list.
- Click the check box to Load This Tool In A New Tab and click Select.
- Then, click Save and Publish.
- Now, click the button to load the VoiceThread assignment in a new window.
- Click on Assignment Builder (See Fig. 2).
- Click the button that corresponds with the type of assignment you want the students to complete. You can require them to create a VoiceThread of their own to submit, to comment on a VoiceThread you've created, or simply to watch a VoiceThread start to finish (See Fig. 3).
To see the complete setup instructions for each assignment type, click the links below.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 8:52 AM