VoiceThread assignment submissions are not accessible through the grade center. Select the VoiceThread assignment link in your content area to display the grader (see Fig. 1). Share this article with your students so they know where to look for feedback.
Figure 1: VoiceThread assignment grading framework
On the right side of the page, you will see your course roster. If a student is missing from the roster, it means that student has not yet selected your assignment, but they will appear as soon as they do. Students can fall into three categories:
- Submitted: Students who have submitted their final assignment.
- Submitted Late: Students who have submitted their final assignment, but after the due date
- In progress: Students who have started working on the assignment but have not yet submitted.
- Unattempted: Students who have not yet begun working on the assignment at all.
You can enter grades for students who are listed as “Submitted” or “In progress.” Select a student's name to see their submission, then enter the grade into the text box or pass/fail selector on the right and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Reminders: To remind a student to submit, select a the student's name, and then select the Remind button. You can also select Remind Students at the bottom of the list to remind all students who have not yet submitted.
- Un-submitting: If a student has submitted an assignment but needs to try again, select the student's name, select Additional options beneath the grading area, then select Unsubmit.
- Changing grades: To see students who have already been graded, select the Graded tab in the top-right corner, and then select any student in that list to enter a new grade for them.
- Student gallery: If you have created a Create a VoiceThread assignment and enabled the student gallery, you will see the student gallery button on the main landing page (Assignment Details area).
- Edit the assignment: If you need to make changes to how this assignment is configured, select the menu icon top-right and select Edit assignment (see Fig. 2). Note: If you go in to Edit the assignment you must select Publish again or it will remain in edit mode and the students will not be able to access it.
Note: If you go into your VoiceThread assignment and select Back to check any settings make sure you go forward again and select Publish. If you do not, the assignment stays in editing mode and the students will not be able to access it.Figure 2: Edit an existing VoiceThread assignment
Modified on: Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 11:35 AM
Did you find it helpful?