There are two ways to add VoiceThread to your Canvas course. The first, and what we usually recommend, is to add the VoiceThread links via adding an External Tool. The second is adding an individual VoiceThread via a Share link (e.g., in a Page or a Discussions post). To add VoiceThread to your course, please follow the steps below.
Non-graded activities — Course View, VT Home, Individual VT
- Navigate to the Modules area of your course.
- Find the module to which you’d like to add VoiceThread, and select the + (plus sign) button.
- Select External Tool from the menu.
- Select VoiceThread from the list of tools. This will launch the VoiceThread setup dialog box.
- Choose either Course View, VT Home or Individual VT (See Fig. 1). Additional information about those options can be found here.
Figure 1: VoiceThread Setup
- If you chose Course View or VT Home, you will enter the name of the activity and then select Publish.
- If you chose Individual VT, then you will select the VoiceThread from the list of options (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Selecting an individual VoiceThread
- Once the VoiceThread is selected, select Continue.
- You now have the option to Add Media or to select Continue.
- The VoiceThread will open so that you may add any additional comments.
- When you're ready, select Publish (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Publishing the VoiceThread
- Go to the VoiceThread that you want to link to and get the Share Link.
- Navigate to the Page or Discussions post where you would like to link your VoiceThread.
- Paste in the Share link.
NOTE: Using Share links may result in authentication and viewing issues for you and your students so we do not recommend this method.
See more information about the types of VoiceThread links here.
- Navigate to the Assignments area of your course.
- Create a new assignment.
- Name the assignment and write a description if you choose.
- Under Submission Type, select External Tool.
- Select the text field below the External Tool URL.
- Select VoiceThread from the list.
- Select Select. This will launch the VoiceThread setup dialog box.
- Select Assignment Builder (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: VoiceThread Assignment set up
See more information about creating Assignments here.
Modified on: Fri, May 26, 2023 at 3:41 PM
Did you find it helpful?