VoiceThread is a multimedia discussion board, presentation, and voice-authoring tool that is integrated in Canvas. Instructors and students access VoiceThread through the course navigation button or links that are within a Canvas site for their course.
How can I use VoiceThread in teaching?
- Record a welcome message for the course.
- Create reading comprehension assessments.
- Practice and assess foreign language communication.
- Record lectures for online, face-to-face, or hybrid courses.
- Assess individual or group presentations.
What is unique about VoiceThread?
- VoiceThread allows users to zoom in on an image for closer inspection.
- VoiceThread includes a doodle tool, so that users can annotate the media they are discussing.
- VoiceThread includes an option for students to leave comments by calling on their phone. Canvas discussions require audio comments be recorded and then uploaded.
- VoiceThread allows comments to be moderated by the instructor.
- VoiceThread allows comments to be left on each slide of the presentation, so you can have multiple discussion threads within a single VoiceThread.
VoiceThread is a cloud application, so there is no software to install. The only system requirement is an up-to-date version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. VoiceThread will run in your web browser and on almost any internet connection.
Modified on: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:30 AM
Did you find it helpful?