Creating a new VoiceThread assignment
The New VoiceThread Assignments is available on December 23, 2020.
VoiceThread assignments can be added to the Modules or Assignments section of your Canvas site.
- In your Canvas site click the Modules or Assignments button in your course navigation menu.
- Click the + sign to add a new Assignment.
- Choose New Assignment and put in an assignment name.
- Click on the assignment link that you just created in your course.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enter the number of points the assignment is worth.
- Click the dropdown menu for Submission Type and select External Tool (See Fig. 1)
- Click the Find button and choose VoiceThreadfrom the list.
- Click the checkbox to Load This Tool In A New Tab and click Select.
- Then, click Save and Publish.
- Now, click the button to load the VoiceThread assignment in a new window.
- Click on Assignment Builder(See Fig. 2)
- Click the button that corresponds with the type of assignment you want the students to complete. You can require them to create a VoiceThread of their own to submit, to comment on a VoiceThread you've created, or simply to watch a VoiceThread start to finish (See Fig. 3).
To see the complete setup instructions for each assignment type click the links below.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 8:06 AM