Sharing a Panopto recording link/embed code with other Canvas courses
Note: Only a Canvas user using the normal log in will be able to access the recording. A user logging in through guest or visitor login will not be able to access the recording.
- From your Canvas site, click on the Panopto Videos tab in your navigation menu (See, Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Panopto Videos link in course navigation
- Locate the recording you want to share and click on Share (See, Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Share the recording
- In Who has access, click the dropdown arrow to open permission selections (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Drop down arrow for who has access
- Select Anyone at Your Organization with the Link (See Fig. 4)
Figure 4: Who has access options
- Click Save Changes (See, Fig. 5)
Figure 5: Save changes selection
- Copy the link (See, Fig. 6). The link can now be shared with another instructor. They can insert the link into a Canvas Module item.
Figure 6: Copy the link of the recording
Click Embed to copy the embed code. The embed code can now be shared with another instructor for them to insert into a Canvas module item.
Figure 8: Embed option
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM