Enabling Automatic Machine Caption imports on a Panopto Folder
You can add no-cost machine generated captions to a Panopto recording. Machine generated captions are generally 60% to 90% accurate. This type of captioning does not meet ADA compliance. If a student requires ADA standard captions, you should contact the Disability Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the paid-for service.
Note: It may take over an hour after the recording is completed before the captions have been generated.
Importing, Editing, Viewing and Downloading Machine Captions
Panopto Creators (Canvas Teachers and TAs) can enable Automatic Machine Caption on a Panopto Folder. New Recordings in the folder will automatically have captions imported. The below video will demonstrate the process.
- Go to your Canvas course site.
- Click on Panopto Recordings in your Canvas course menu.
- Click on the gear icon (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Gear icon for Panopto settings
- Click on Settings (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Automatically machine caption new Panopto sessions
- In the Captions Automatically Caption new sessions using drop-down menu, choose Automatic Machine Captions (See Fig. 2).
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 1:04 PM