Embedding a Panopto folder in more than one of your Canvas courses
- From your Canvas site, click on the Panopto Videos tab in your navigation menu (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Panopto Videos link in course navigation
- Select the folder you want share and open it (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Open the folder
- Click the Settings icon (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Settings icon in upper right corner
- Click Share (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Share tab in Panopto
- In Who has access, click the drop-down arrow to open permission selections (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Drop-down arrow for who has access
- Select Anyone at Your Organization with the Link (See Fig. 6).
Figure 6: Who has access options
- Click Save Changes (See Fig. 7).
Figure 7: Save changes selection
- Click on Embed (See Fig. 8).
Figure 8: Embed option
- Copy the Embed code.
- Close the page by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner.
- Open the other Canvas course site where you want to embed the recording.
- Click on Modules (See Fig. 9).
Figure 9: Modules in the Canvas course navigation menu
- Click the + sign to add a new item to the module (See Fig. 10).
Figure 10: Plus sign to add a new item
- Select Page from the drop-down menu.
- Select New Page from the list of options.
- Give the new page a name and then click Add Item (See Fig. 11).
Figure 11: Add the new page to the module
- Click the title of the new page to open the item.
- Click on Edit (See Fig. 12).
Figure 12: Edit the new page
- Click on the HTML Editor (See Fig. 18)
Figure 18: Changing to the HTML editor
- Paste in the Embed code.
- Click on Rich Content Editor, and the contents will populate the page (See Fig. 19).
Figure 19: Changing to the Rich Content Editor
- Click on Save and Publish. The contents are now available in the second Canvas course (See Fig. 20).
Figure 20: Save and Publish the new page
- To confirm that the students can view the videos, use the Student View.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM