NOTE: When you move a subfolder from My Folder it retains the My Folder permission set. Once the subfolder is in a new location, you must adjust the permissions so that others may view the recordings. Permissions only need to be changed for folders moved out of My Folder.
- From your Canvas site, select Panopto Video in your navigation menu (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Panopto Video in Canvas course navigation menu
- Select the arrow icon to open Panopto in the web browser (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Open Panopto in your web browser
- Select the Settings icon (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Settings icon in upper right corner
- Select Browse and locate My Folder (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Browse your folders
- Locate the subfolder you want to move. Select and drag it out of the previous folder and put it into the folder that has the name of your course (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Dragging the content folder into the current course folder
- Select OK to move the folder (See Fig. 6)
Figure 6: Confirmation dialog box
- Select Panopto Video in your Canvas navigation menu to refresh the page so you can now see the folder that was moved. Select the folder you moved (See Fig. 7).
Figure 7: Panopto videos and folder content
- Select the Settings icon (See Fig. 8)
Figure 8: Settings icon in Panopto
- Select Share (See Fig. 9).
- In Who can access this folder, select Change (See Fig. 9).
Figure 9: Share tab in Panopto
- Select the option titled Inherit Permissions From (See Fig. 10).
Figure 10: Selecting permission level
- Select OK (See Fig. 11).
Figure 11: Confirmation dialog box
- Select Save. The permissions are now changed, and anyone with access to the Canvas course can now see the recordings.
Modified on Modified on: Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 11:07 AM
Did you find it helpful?