Moving a Panopto folder out of My Folder and applying permissions
NOTE: When you move a subfolder from My Folder it retains the My Folder permission set. Once the subfolder is in a new location, you must adjust the permissions so that others may view the recordings. Permissions only need to be changed for folders moved out of My Folder.
- From your Canvas site, click on Panopto Videos in your navigation menu (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Panopto Videos in Canvas course navigation menu
- Click the arrow icon to open Panopto in the web browser (See Fig. 2).
- Click the Settings icon (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Settings icon in upper right corner
- Click on Browse and locate My Folder (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Browse your folders
- Locate the subfolder you want to move. Click and drag it out of My Folder and put it into the folder that has the name of your course (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Dragging the content folder into the current course folder
- Click OK to move the folder (See Fig. 6)
Figure 6: Click OK in the dialog box
- Click the Panopto Videos tab in your Canvas navigation menu to refresh the page so you can now see the folder that was moved. Click on the folder you moved (See Fig. 7).
Figure 7: Panopto videos and folder content
- Click the Settings icon (See Fig. 8)
Figure 8: Settings icon in Panopto
- Click Share (See Fig. 9).
Figure 9: Share tab in Panopto
- In Who has access, click the drop-down arrow to open permission selections (See Fig. 10).
Figure 10: Drop-down arrow for who has access
- Select the option titled Inherit Permissions From (See Fig. 11).
Figure 11: Selecting permission level
- Click OK (See Fig. 12).
Figure 12: Click OK in the dialog box
- Click Save Changes. The permissions are now changed, and anyone with access to the Canvas course can now see the recordings (See Fig. 13).
Figure 13: Save the new changes
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 1:31 PM