Creating quizzes in Panopto
To add quizzes to a Panopto video, use the steps outlined below.
- Open your video in the Panopto editor.
- Select Quizzing in the left Navigation pane (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Select Quizzing
- Using the Pointer tool, navigate in the Timeline to where you want to put a quiz (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Navigating the video timeline
- Select the Add a Quiz button. The quiz form will appear in your secondary stream area (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Select Add a Quiz
- The form has several different fields, including Quiz Name, Question, Answers, and Correct Answer Explanation (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Quiz form fields
- Within the form, you can select the drop-down menu in the top right corner to show different types of quiz questions. The question options include True/False, Multiple Choice and Multiple Select. The default is multiple choice (See Fig 5).
Figure 5: Quiz question types
- Enter the text of the question along with potential answers in the appropriate text fields. When you have your potential answers added, you must choose a correct answer by selecting the circle next to the correct answer (See Fig. 6).
Figure 6: Choose a correct answer
- Once you are done with a question and want to add another one, click the Add a Question button at the bottom of the form (See Fig. 7).
Figure 7: Add a question
- If you need to navigate to a different question in your quiz, you can use the Back and Next buttons at the bottom of the form (See Fig 8).
Figure 8: Back and next buttons
- Once you have added all of your questions, select the Done button at the bottom of the form (See Fig 9).
Figure 9: Done button
- You will then be directed to the Options page for this quiz where you can adjust the following options (See Fig. 10):
- Allow retakes.
- Show grade once the quiz is taken (if this is enabled, you can also allow review of correct answers and explanations).
- Block your viewers from advancing the video until the quiz is answered.
- Delete questions by choosing the Xs.
- Reorganize the questions by using the arrows.
Figure 10: Quiz options
- Once you are finished, select the Save button. The name of your quiz will now appear in the Quizzing pane.
- Repeat steps 2 through 11 for each quiz you want to add to your video.
- When you are finished adding quizzes to the video, select the Publish button located in the top right-hand corner of the page (See Fig. 11).
Figure 11: Publish button
During playback, the video will pause when it is time for a quiz and remain paused until the questions are answered.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 1:12 PM