To add quizzes to a Panopto video, use the steps outlined below.
- Open your video in the Panopto editor.
- Select Quizzes in the left Navigation pane (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Select Quizzes
- Using the Pointer tool, navigate in the Timeline to where you want to put a quiz (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Navigating the video timeline
- Select Add a Quiz from the Quizzes area on the left (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Select Add a Quiz
- The Quiz form will populate in your secondary stream area. The form has several different fields, including Quiz Name, Question, Answers, and Correct Answer Explanation (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Quiz form fields
- Within the form, you can select the drop-down menu in the top right corner to show different types of quiz questions. The question options include True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Select and Fill In the Blank. The default is multiple choice (See Fig 5).
Figure 5: Quiz question types
- Enter the text of the question along with potential answers in the appropriate text fields. After adding the potential answers, choose the correct answer by selecting the circle next to it (See Fig. 6).
Figure 6: List of question answers with correct answer selected
- Once you are done with a question and want to add another one, select Add a Question at the bottom of the form (See Fig. 7).
Figure 7: Add a question
- If you need to navigate to a different question in your quiz, you can use Back and Next in the bottom-left area of the form (See Fig 8).%3CmxGraphModel%3E%3Croot%3E%3CmxCell%20id%3D%220%22%2F%3E%3CmxCell%20id%3D%221%22%20parent%3D%220%22%2F%3E%3CmxCell%20id%3D%222%22%20value%3D%22%22%20style%3D%22shape%3DsingleArrow%3BwhiteSpace%3Dwrap%3Bhtml%3D1%3BfillColor%3D%23FF0000%3Brotation%3D90%3B%22%20vertex%3D%221%22%20parent%3D%221%22%3E%3CmxGeometry%20x%3D%22650%22%20y%3D%22210%22%20width%3D%2270%22%20height%3D%2220%22%20as%3D%22geometry%22%2F%3E%3C%2FmxCell%3E%3C%2Froot%3E%3C%2FmxGraphModel%3E
Figure 8: Back and next options
- Once you have added all of your questions, select Done at the bottom of the form (See Fig 9).
Figure 9: Done option at the bottom of the form
- You will then be directed to the Options page for this quiz where you can adjust the following options (See Fig. 10):
- Allow retakes.
- Show grade once the quiz is taken (if this is enabled, you can also allow review of correct answers and explanations).
- Block your viewers from advancing the video until the quiz is answered.
- Delete questions by choosing the Xs.
- Reorganize the questions by using the arrows.
Figure 10: Quiz options
- Once you are finished, select Finish . The name of your quiz will now appear in the Quizzes pane (See Fig. 11).
Figure 11: Quizzes Pane with the Quiz in place
- Repeat steps 2 through 12 for each quiz you want to add to your video.
- When you are finished adding quizzes to the video, select Apply located in the top right-hand corner of the page (See Fig. 12).
Figure 12: Publish option
During playback, the video will pause when it is time for a quiz and remain paused until the questions are answered.
Modified on: Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 10:44 AM
Did you find it helpful?