Note: You may need administrator access on your computer to install Panopto. Please contact your department IT Pro for this access.
- From your Canvas site, select Panopto Videos in your course navigation menu.
- Select Create and then select Record a new session from the drop-down menu.
- Select Download Panopto in the pop-up window (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Download Panopto dialog box
- Save the .pkg recorder file to your computer.
- After the download is complete, select the .pkg file to run the installation wizard. The file is most likely in your Downloads folder (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Opening the Panopto package file
- Select Continue in the Install Panopto Recorder window (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Panopto dialog box
- Proceed through the wizard to Install Software. Enter your username and password for the computer and select the button.
- After Panopto is installed, select Move to Trash.
- In the Panopto screen that appears, enter your username and password in the login fields (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Panopto login
Minimum system requirements and additional instructions are available at https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Install-Panopto-for-Mac.
Modified on: Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 10:34 AM
Did you find it helpful?