If you are using a university computer:
- Click Start on the Windows desktop and select Software Center from your applications.
- Select Panopto Recorder from the list of available applications (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Software Center applications list
- Select the Install button that appears on the following page.
- If you are unable to find Panopto or have trouble accessing Software Center, contact your university IT department for assistance.
- From your Canvas site, select Panopto Videos button in your course navigation menu.
- Select Create and then select Record a new session from the drop-down menu (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Select Record a new session in the drop-down menu
- Select Download Panopto in the pop-up window.
- Save the .exe recorder file to your computer (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Save the file to your computer
- After the download is complete, select the file to extract the contents of the file to your computer.
- Select Yes in the pop-up window to allow changes to your computer (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: changes to your computer dialog box
- In the Installing Panopto window, select Next and then Install.
- In the Panopto screen that appears, enter your username and password in the login fields (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Panopto login
Minimum system requirements and additional instructions are available at https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Install-Panopto-for-Windows
Modified on: Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 8:28 AM
Did you find it helpful?