Canvas Assignments is an assessment board tool that is part of Canvas. Instructors and students access Assignments through the course navigation button that is within a Canvas site.
How can I use Canvas Assignments in teaching?
- There are several assignment submission types in Canvas.
- A No Submission assignment helps you keep track of activities not completed directly in Canvas, such as participation points or attendance at a Zoom session.
- An On Paper submission type allow you to keep track of hard copies handed in during class, such as a written pop quiz.
- A File Upload submission allows students to submit a variety of file types (Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, PDFs, images or videos).
- A Media Recording submission allows the students to create and submit a recording directly within Canvas.
- External Tool assignments allow you to create assessments with VoiceThread, Turnitin or Panopto.
What is unique about Canvas Assignments?
- You can attach a rubric to the assignment.
- Canvas Assignments can get set to 0 points for extra credit.
- Graded Discussions and Quizzes are also assessments and are considered Assignments for grading purposes.
Assignments are a part of Canvas, so there is no software to install. Canvas Assignments will run in your web browser and on almost any internet connection.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 8:53 AM