iClicker is a student engagement and assessment tool that is integrated in Canvas. iClicker grades are pushed to Canvas with a push of a button.
How can I use iClicker in teaching?
- Gauging student understanding of course material via quizzing and anonymous polling
- Assessing student preparation
- Increasing student engagement
- Creating instant study guides for your students based on questions posed during class
- Delivering low-stakes quizzes
- Taking attendance
What is unique about iClicker?
- iClicker's flexibility allows for polling questions, quizzes and learning activities to be set up on-the-fly
- Polling questions are not entered in the iClicker system. Instructors can use existing questions without inputting them into iClicker
- Students can review every polling question as a study guide. You can also choose to provide students with the correct answers and control when students receive the study guide
- iClicker's easy set up means you have more time for teaching
- Instructors can take attendance more easily by asking students to check-in using the app. No more attendance codes that can be easily shared via text
Students need a smart phone, tablet or laptop device to use iClicker in class. Instructors need to have the updated iClicker Cloud software on their computer.
Clickers_in_the_Large_Classroom.pdf (532 KB)
Modified on: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM
Did you find it helpful?