iClicker is a student engagement and assessment tool that is integrated in Canvas. iClicker grades are pushed to Canvas with a push of a button.
How can I use iClicker in teaching?
- Gauging student understanding of course material via quizzing and anonymous polling
- Assessing student preparation
- Increasing student engagement
- Creating instant study guides for your students based on questions posed during class
- Delivering low-stakes quizzes
- Taking attendance
What is unique about iClicker?
- iClicker's flexibility allows for polling questions, quizzes and learning activities to be set up on the fly.
- Polling questions are not entered in the iClicker system. Instructors can use existing questions without inputting them into iClicker.
- Students can review every polling question as a study guide. You can also choose to provide students with the correct answers and control when students receive the study guide.
- iClicker's easy setup means you have more time for teaching.
- Instructors can take attendance more easily by asking students to check in using the app. No more attendance codes that can be easily shared via text.
Students need a smart phone, tablet or laptop device to use iClicker in class. Instructors need to have the updated iClicker Cloud software on their computer.
Clickers_in_the_Large_Classroom.pdf (532 KB)
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 9:09 AM