Canvas Groups can be used within the gradebook and SpeedGrader to grade smaller groups of students at one time. For example, if you have multiple TAs grading in your course site, but all of your students are enrolled in one section in Peoplesoft, you can create a Canvas Group for each TA and they can then filter the gradebook to only see students in their group.
Before using this feature, you will need to create a group set in Canvas.
Step 1: Enable SpeedGrader to Launch using Groups
- Select Settings from the course navigation menu in your Canvas course.
- Scroll down to Large Course: and select the box to Launch SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Check the box to Launch SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group
Step 2: Using Enhanced Gradebook Filters with Canvas Groups
- Select Grades from the course navigation menu in your Canvas course.
- Select the Apply Filters button to see all of the available Gradebook Filters and then select Student Groups from the list of filters (See Fig. 2)
Figure 2: Select Apply Filters and then select Student Groups from the list
- Your list of groups will appear. Select the group you'd like to filter by from the list (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Select the group to filter the gradebook
- Your gradebook will now show only the students in that group.
- When a filter is applied, open SpeedGrader as you would normally. It will only show students from the filtered group.
- Select the X on the filter to remove that filter from the gradebook (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Select the X to remove the filter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add a different filter.
Note: You can create multiple filters and save them for future use.
Modified on: Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 9:21 AM
Did you find it helpful?