Requiring Lockdown Browser for a Canvas Quiz
Students can use Lockdown Browser on their personal computers or in a campus computing lab. Students are prompted to install Lockdown Browser when they access a quiz that requires it. Note: File upload and media upload are not compatible question types with LockDown Browser since it requires a student to upload a file from their computer, which isn’t allowed during a locked test.
Need to install LockDown Browser in a computing lab? Email email@example.com for access to download the LockDown Browser for Labs edition.
To require LockDown Browser for an exam:
- In your Canvas site, you must enable the Lockdown Browser navigation button on your site. Click the Settings button on the course navigation menu.
- Click the Navigation tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom section of the page and locate Lockdown Browser in the list.
- Click and drag the Lockdown Browser item to the top section (See Fig. 1).
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Lockdown Browser is now a button on your navigation menu. Click the Lockdown Browser button on your navigation menu.
- You will see a list of the quizzes in your Canvas site.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the quiz name and select Settings from the drop-down menu (See Fig. 2).
- Click the radio button for the option, Require Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam.
- A list of options will appear (See Fig. 3). Check the box for any of the options you want to enable.
- You will see that Lockdown Browser is listed as Required for the quiz.
- When you go to the Quizzes page in Canvas, you will see that Requires Respondus Lockdown Browser is appended to your Quiz name (See Fig. 4).
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 2:21 PM