Requiring Lockdown Browser for a Canvas Quiz
Students can use Lockdown Browser on their personal computers or in a campus computing lab. Students are prompted to install Lockdown Browser when they access a quiz that requires it. Note: File upload and media upload are not compatible question types with LockDown Browser since it requires a student to upload a file from their computer, which isn’t allowed during a locked test.
Need to install LockDown Browser in a computing lab? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to download the LockDown Browser for Labs edition.
To require LockDown Browser for an exam.
- In your Canvas site, you must enable the Lockdown Browser navigation button on your site. Click the Settings button on the course navigation menu.
- Click the Navigation tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom section of the page and locate Lockdown Browser in the list.
- Click and drag the Lockdown Browser item to the top section.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Lockdown Browser is now a button on your navigation menu. Click the Lockdown Browser button on your navigation menu.
- You will see a list of the quizzes in your Canvas site.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the quiz name and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click the radio button for the option, Require Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam.
- A list of options will appear. Check the box for any of the options you want to enable.
- You will see that Lockdown Browser is listed as Required for the quiz.
- When you go to the Quizzes page in Canvas, you will see that -Requires Respondus Lockdown Browseris appended to your Quiz name.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 11:17 AM