Embedding a Panopto recording in Canvas
The Panopto recording needs to be in a Panopto folder or subfolder associated with the Canvas class in order for students to be able to view the recording. Panopto videos can be added to a Canvas Page (shown below), Discussion Board, Announcement, Assignment or Test Question via editing in the Rich Content Editor.
- Click on the Modules tab in your Canvas course (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Click the Modules tab
- Click the plus button to open the items to insert (See Fig. 2).
Figure: Click the plus button
- Select the Page option (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Select Page
- Select New Page (see Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Select New Page
- Give your page a name and then click Add Item (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Give the page a name and then click Add Item
- Open your page and select Edit (See Fig. 6).
Figure 6: Select Edit
- Select the Panopto icon (See Fig. 7).
Figure 7, Panopto icon
- Select or type in the folder name where videos are stored (See Fig. 8).
Figure 8: Select or type in the name of the folder
- Select the video you want and then click Insert (See Fig. 9).
Figure 9: Select video then click insert
- Click Save (See Fig. 10).
Figure 10: Click Save
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 12:12 PM