Embedding a Panopto recording in Canvas
The Panopto recording needs to be in Panopto folder or subfolder associated with the Canvas class in order for students to be able to view the recording. Panopto videos can be added to a Canvas Page (shown below), Discussion Board, Announcement, Assignment, or Test Question via editing in the rich content editor.
- Click on the Modules tab in your Canvas course (see Fig. 1).
Figure 1, click the Modules tab
- Click the plus button to open the items to insert (see Fig. 2)
Figure 2, click the plus button
- Select the Page option (see Fig. 3)
Figure 3, select Page
- Select New Page (see Fig. 4)
Figure 4, select New Page
- Give your page a name and then click Add Item (see Fig. 5)
Figure 5, give the page a name and then click Add Item
- Open your page and select Edit (see Fig. 6)
Figure 6, select Edit
- Select the Panopto icon (see Fig. 7)
Figure 7, Panopto icon
- Select or type in the folder name where videos are stored (see Fig. 8)
Figure 8, select or type in the name of the folder
- Select the video you want and then click Insert (see Fig. 9)
Figure 9, select video then click insert
- Click Save (see Fig. 10)
Figure 10, click Save
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM