Matching your Zoom and Canvas email addresses
Your preferred email address in Canvas and your Zoom email address must be the same or Zoom will create a brand new account based on the new email address. The email addresses must also be the same for Zoom recordings to automatically store in Panopto. Follow the steps below to verify that they are the same or to update them.
- Go to umsystem.zoom.us and log in to Zoom with your username and password.
- Click the Profile button in the left navigation panel.
- Click Sign-in Email and then click the Show link (See Fig. 1).
- Make note of your Zoom email address.
Figure 1: Click Show to see your Zoom email address
- Now log into Canvas.
- Click the Account button in the global navigation window (See Fig. 2).
- Click the Settings link.
Figure 2: Canvas account
- Find your preferred Canvas email with the star next to it (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Canvas email addresses
- If your preferred Canvas email:
- Matches the Zoom email you noted earlier, this task is complete
- Does not match the Zoom email:
- click the +Email Address link.
- In the pop-up window, enter the email address that is in your Zoom account and click the Register Email button (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Click Register Email
- Your new email address will appear in the list. Click the star icon next to it so the new email becomes your preferred Canvas email.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 9:50 AM