Your preferred email address in Canvas and your Zoom email address must be the same or Zoom will create a brand new account based on the new email address. The email addresses must also be the same for Zoom recordings to automatically store in Panopto. Follow the steps below to verify that they are the same or to update them.
- Go to umsystem.zoom.us and log in to Zoom with your username and password.
- Select the Profile button in the left navigation panel.
- Select Sign-in Email and then Select the Show link (See Fig. 1).
- Make note of your Zoom email address.
Figure 1: Select Show to see your Zoom email address
- Now log into Canvas.
- Select the Account button in the global navigation window (See Fig. 2).
- Select the Settings link.
Figure 2: Canvas account
- Find your preferred Canvas email with the star next to it (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Canvas email addresses
- If your preferred Canvas email:
- Matches the Zoom email you noted earlier, this task is complete
- Does not match the Zoom email:
- Select the +Email Address link.
- In the pop-up window, enter the email address that is in your Zoom account and select the Register Email button (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Select Register Email
- Your new email address will appear in the list. Select the star icon next to it so the new email becomes your preferred Canvas email.
Modified on: Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 12:21 PM
Did you find it helpful?