Requesting a Zoom Webinar License
Request a Webinar license
Click the button to login to our request form. Please request your license no more than six weeks in advance.
Who can request a Webinar license
Anyone within the UM System can request access to a shared Zoom Webinar license for events. These webinar licenses are assigned to a user for a specific date on a first-come, first-served basis. Webinar licenses allow up to 5,000 attendees and have additional audience moderation options. There is no charge for this service.
Access to a webinar is beneficial for users who:
- expect an audience larger than 300 people
- only need to present information and not interact with attendees
- are in need of registration support
Prepare for your Webinar
Webinars can vary in format from simple presentation to a sophisticated production. Webinars can include one or multiple panelists, music, video, backgrounds, or slides. Adding more components increases the complexity of the Webinar and the need to plan the session.
Some tips to delivering a successful Webinar:
- If the Webinar license is assigned to your account, you are the host. Assign an alternative host to the Webinar in case you cannot attend unexpectedly
- Identify an individual to manage the logistics of the Webinar. You might be the right person to handle the behind-the-scenes tasks. If not, assign this person as a co-host or alternative host
- Invite your presenters to be panelists in your Webinar
- Schedule a separate Webinar as a dry-run with everyone who is participating
- Practice queuing up and playing all audio or visual components
- Make sure all panelists can be heard and seen clearly
- Decide if you will take questions or poll the audience and who will manage it
- Decide if you want to collect attendee information
- Decide as a group how you'll handle any internet connectivity issues
- Ask the panelists, co-hosts, and alternative hosts to join the Webinar 20-30 minutes prior to its start time
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 5:03 PM