Want to keep your Zoom meeting very secure but still invite a guest from outside the university?
- Schedule your meeting using your normal process and enable the authenticated users only setting.
- Then, from umsystem.zoom.us, select on the meeting.
- Select Edit.
- Select the Add button next to Authentication Exception (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Zoom Authentication Settings.
- Enter the user’s full name and email address. The user must have a licensed Zoom account, and the email you enter must exactly match the email on the user’s Zoom account (See Fig. 2) .
- Select Save (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Authentication Exception settings.
- The user will get an email with a special invitation to your Zoom meeting.
- Review confirmation screen to ensure the guest has been added correctly (See Fig. 3.
Figure 3: Confirmation of completed Authentication Exception.
Modified on: Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 8:57 AM
Did you find it helpful?