Note: umsystemprotected.zoom.us does not allow for Cloud Recordings. Any recordings you create on that domain will be saved to your local device and will not be available for this process. Many Zoom recordings will also automatically move to Panopto. If your recording has moved to Panopto, you can edit it directly in Panopto instead.
Users can trim the beginning and end of a Zoom recording. To remove the beginning or end of a Zoom recording, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Zoom account at https://umsystem.zoom.us
- Select the Recordings button located in the left navigation panel (See Fig. 1).
- Search for the recording or locate it in the list.
- Select on the title of the recording.
- Select the thumbnail of the video (see Fig. 2) to open the recording in a new window.
- When the new window opens, select the Scissor icon (see Fig. 3) in the player menu.
Note: This will not affect the original recording. If you enable downloads, viewers will have access to the full-length recording and all relevant files, including audio transcripts, chat and subtitles.
- Locate the sliders (see Fig. 4) at the beginning and end of the timeline. Drag the sliders left or right to set the new playback range.
- Select the Save button.
Modified on: Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 8:52 AM
Did you find it helpful?