First, if Zoom is not already in your Canvas course navigation, you will need to add it.
- Log in to your Canvas course.
- On the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Drag the Zoom UMSystem item to the top panel, and click Save.
Setting up meetings with your students in Zoom
- Click the Zoom UMSystem button in your Canvas course menu (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Zoom link in Canvas course navigation
- Click Schedule a New Meeting (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Schedule a New Meeting in Zoom
- Enter the meeting topic, date, time and meeting duration. For an example of a recurring meeting, for class meetings or office hours, see Figure 4, below. Once you are done, click Schedule and Save (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Save the scheduled Zoom meeting
Figure 4: Example meeting for a class that meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 11am to 12pm beginning on 8/22 and ending on 12/16
- Your students can now sign in to Canvas at the designated meeting time, click on the Zoom link on your course navigation menu, and click the Join button for the upcoming meeting (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Click Join to enter the upcoming meeting.
- If you record this Zoom meeting in the cloud, the recording will be automatically loaded into this course’s Panopto folder. More details about using Zoom recordings in Panopto will be found here.
Modified on Modified on: Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 10:54 AM
Did you find it helpful?