Scheduling a Zoom meeting for ALL students in a Canvas course
First, if Zoom is not already in your Canvas course navigation, you will need to add it.
- Log in to your Canvas course.
- On the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Drag the Zoom UMSystem item to the top panel, and click Save.
Setting up meetings with your students in Zoom
- Click the Zoom UMSystem button in your Canvas course menu (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Zoom link in Canvas course navigation
- Click Schedule a New Meeting.
Figure 2: Schedule a New Meeting in Zoom
- Enter the meeting topic, date, time and meeting duration (other parameters are optional). Once you are done, click Schedule and Save.
Figure 3: Save the scheduled Zoom meeting
- Your students can now sign in to Canvas at the designated meeting time, click on the Zoom link on your course navigation menu, and click the Join button for the upcoming meeting.
Figure 4: Click Join to enter the upcoming meeting.
- If you record this Zoom meeting in the cloud, the recording will be automatically loaded into this course’s Panopto folder. More details about using Zoom recordings in Panopto will be found here.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 1:00 PM