Understanding how Zoom recordings store in Panopto
The new OnePanopto/Zoom integration is not quite ready yet! Check back soon for more details.
To send your Zoom recordings automatically to Panopto, your Zoom, Canvas and Panopto email addresses should match. This automated process will not work if the email addresses are different.
NOTE: Zoom recordings are no longer integrated into Kaltura (My Media or Media Gallery).
Confirm matching Zoom and Canvas email addresses
Your preferred email address in Canvas and your Zoom email address must be the same for Zoom recordings to automatically store in Panopto. Follow the steps below to verify that they are the same or to update them.
- Go to umsystem.zoom.us and log in to Zoom with your username and password.
- Click the Profile button in the left navigation panel.
- Click Sign-in Email and then click the Show link (See Fig. 1).
- Make note of your Zoom email address.
Figure 1: Click Show to see your Zoom email address
- Now log into Canvas.
- Click the Account button in the global navigation window (See Fig. 2).
- Click the Settings link.
Figure 2: Canvas account
- Find your preferred Canvas email with the star next to it (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Canvas email addresses
- If your preferred Canvas email:
- Matches the Zoom email you noted earlier, this task is complete
- Does not match the Zoom email:
- click the +Email Address link.
- In the pop-up window, enter the email address that is in your Zoom account and click the Register Email button.
- Your new email address will appear in the list. Click the star icon next to it so the new email becomes your preferred Canvas email.
Locating your Zoom recordings in your Panopto account (default location)
Recordings from meetings will import into your Meeting Recordings folder in Panopto (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Panopto Meeting Recordings folder
Changing the default location of your Zoom recordings in Panopto
You may also select an alternative folder in Panopto. Follow these instructions.
- Log into your Canvas course site.
- Click Panopto Videos in your course navigation menu.
- Click the square icon at the upper right-hand corner of the page to open the Panopto full interface (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Open the Panopto full interface
- Click the arrow next to your name in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click User Settings (See Fig. 6).
Figure 6: Panopto User Settings
- Under Zoom Recording Import Settings, click Edit to change the folder (See Fig. 7).
- If you have upcoming meetings, you may also enter your meeting ID and choose a specific folder for your recording.
Figure 7: Edit the default folder and add an existing meeting
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 1:47 PM