Troubleshooting Zoom recordings that should automatically store in Panopto
Instructors who use Panopto will have their Zoom recordings stored in Panopto instead of Zoom.
To send your Zoom recordings automatically to Panopto your Zoom, Canvas, and Panopto email addresses match. This automated process will not work if the email addresses are different.
NOTE: Zoom recordings are no longer integrated into Kaltura (My Media or Media Gallery).
Match your Zoom and Canvas email addresses
Your preferred email address in Canvas and your Zoom email address must be the same for Zoom recordings to automatically store in Panopto. Follow the steps below to verify that they are the same or to update them.
- Go to umsystem.zoom.us and log into Zoom with your username and password.
- Click the Profile button in the left navigation panel.
- Click Sign-in Email and then click the Show link (See Fig. 1).
- Make note of your Zoom email address.
Figure 1: Click Show to see your Zoom email address
- Now log into Canvas.
- Click the Account button in the global navigation window (See Fig. 2).
- Click the Settings link.
Figure 2: Canvas account
- Find your preferred Canvas email with the star next to it (See Fig. 3)
Figure 3: Canvas email addresses
- If your preferred Canvas email:
- matches the Zoom email you noted earlier this task is complete
- does not match the Zoom email:
- click the +Email Address link
- In the popup window, enter the email address that is in your Zoom account and click the Register Email button.
- Your new email address will appear in the list. Click the star icon next to it so the new email becomes your preferred Canvas email.
Locating your Zoom recordings in your Panopto account
Your Zoom recordings will store in different locations in Panopto depending on where the Zoom meeting was created.
Location 1: Meetings created in Zoom store in the Meeting Recordings folder in Panopto
Recordings from meetings created by logging in to umsystem.zoom.us will import into your Meeting Recordings folder in Panopto (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Panopto Meeting Recordings folder
Optional: You may also select an alternative folder in Panopto. Follow these instructions.
- Log into your Canvas course site.
- Click Panopto Videos in your course navigation menu.
- Click the square icon at the upper right-hand corner of the page to open the Panopto full interface (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Open the Panopto full interface
- Click the arrow next to your name in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click User Settings (See Fig. 6)
Figure 6: Panopto User Settings
- Under Zoom Recording Import Settings click Edit to change the folder (See Fig. 7).
- If you have upcoming meetings you may also enter your meeting id choose a specific folder for your recording.
Figure 7: Edit the default folder and add an existing meeting
Location 2: Meetings created in a Canvas site will store in the course's folder in Panopto
Follow the steps below to turn on Zoom and Panopto in your Canvas site and create meetings inside of your Canvas site.
- Log into Canvas and go to your course site.
- Click on the Settings button in your course navigation menu.
- Click on Navigation tab in the upper panel (See Fig 8).
Figure 8, Editing the course navigation menu
- Make sure that the Zoom UMsystem and Panopto Videos buttons are enabled. They should appear in the upper portion of the menu. If not, drag and drop them in the top section.
- Click Save.
- Click on the Panopto Videos button in your course navigation menu. This will create a folder for the class in Panopto.
- Click the Zoom UMsystem link in your course navigation menu.
- Click Schedule a New Meeting and fill in the required information.
- In Meeting Options select Record the meeting automatically and In the cloud (See Fig. 9)
Figure 9: Set the Zoom meeting options
- Click Save.
Modified on: Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 4:54 PM
Did you find it helpful?