On March 26, 2020, Zoom released an update to the default screen-sharing settings for Education accounts, in an effort to increase security and privacy for meetings. This update changed the default sharing setting to Host Only at the account level. This setting gives hosts the sole permission to share content within their meetings by default.
Hosts still have the ability to allow participants to share their screen during a meeting and edit their default settings to allow participants to share in all meetings.
Changing sharing settings in a meeting
- Click the arrow next to Share Screen (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Share screen icon
- Click Advanced Sharing Options.
- Click the radio button for All Participants (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2, participant sharing options
Changing sharing settings for all of your meetings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the option for All Participants (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: participant sharing options
Modified on Modified on: Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 3:36 PM
Did you find it helpful?