Recording a Zoom meeting
Only hosts and co-hosts can start a cloud recording. If you want a participant to start a recording, you can make them a co-host or use local recording. Recordings started by co-hosts will still appear in the host's recordings in the Zoom web portal.
To record a meeting to the cloud
- Start a meeting as the host.
- Click the Record button in the Zoom toolbar.
- Select Record to the Cloud to begin recording (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: recording to the cloud
- To stop recording, click Pause/Stop Recording or End Meeting (see Fig. 2).
Figure 2: pause/stop recording
- Once the recording has been stopped, the recording must be processed before viewing. Zoom will send an email to the host's email address when the process is completed.
Manage your cloud recordings
UM System Remote Learning Video Policies
UM System Remote Learning Video Policies have been put in place to assist instructors in holding classes in an online environment. These policies include information about FERPA, misconduct, accommodations and other topics.
Important Zoom settings
- Delete recordings if you don’t need them.
To make sure we have plenty of storage, please review your Zoom recordings and delete the ones you no longer need. All of these settings can be found in your Zoom app under the Zoom.us menu.
- Automatic recording caution:
When both the “Automatically record meeting” and “Enable join before host” settings are selected for a Zoom meeting, it creates a situation where meeting participants are being recorded without the host present, which should be avoided.
Instead of these settings, please consider doing the following:
Do not select Automatically record meeting unless you really need to.
Do not select Enable join before host unless necessary.
- New recording notification:
All users are now notified that their meeting is being recorded and that by continuing in the meeting, they are consenting to the recording (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Zoom recording consent
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 11:02 AM