Dealing with wireless (WiFi) connection issues
If you are experiencing any issue(s) with latency, frozen screen, poor quality audio, or meeting getting disconnected while using a home or non-enterprise WiFi connection, try the following:
- Close other apps that may be consuming your available bandwidth
- Turn off your video in the meeting and just use audio
- Turn off your VPN if it's not required for the meeting
- Switch to a wired connection
- Check your Internet bandwidth using an online speed test, such as nperf, Speedtest, or Comparitech
- Contact your department IT professional to check your WiFi access point
- Upgrade your WiFI router firmware. Check your WiFi router vendor support site for firmware upgrade availability.
- Use a WiFi extender such as Amped Wireless or Linksys to increase the distance and strength of your WiFi signal
- Use a higher powered/long-range WiFi such as Amped Wireless router or adapter to increase the WiFi signal on your PC or Mac
- Use a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem (if you have cable modem) to improve internet performance
You can also join a test meeting.
Modified on: Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 4:02 PM
Tags: low latency
Did you find it helpful?