Dealing with wireless (Wi-Fi) connection issues
If you are experiencing any issue(s) with latency, frozen screen, poor quality audio, or the meeting getting disconnected while using a home or non-enterprise Wi-Fi connection, try the following:
- Close other apps that may be consuming your available bandwidth.
- Turn off your video in the meeting and just use audio.
- Turn off your VPN if it's not required for the meeting.
- Switch to a wired connection.
- Check your internet bandwidth using an online speed test, such as nperf, Speedtest or Comparitech.
- Contact your department IT professional to check your Wi-Fi access point.
- Upgrade your Wi-Fi router firmware. Check your Wi-Fi router vendor support site for firmware upgrade availability.
- Use a Wi-Fi extender such as Amped Wireless or Linksys to increase the distance and strength of your Wi-Fi signal.
- Use a higher powered/long-range Wi-Fi such as Amped Wireless router or adapter to increase the Wi-Fi signal on your PC or Mac.
- Use a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem (if you have cable modem) to improve internet performance.
You can also join a test meeting.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 11:05 AM