A UM System G Suite account is required. All UM System faculty, staff and students can create an account.
- Go to www.google.com and select Sign in in the page’s upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your login in the format USERNAME@umsystem.edu. Select Next.
- Accept terms.
After you've created your account, add your assignment files to Google Drive before following the steps below.
To create a Google Assignment in your Canvas site:
- From your Canvas site, select Assignments in your course navigation menu.
- Enter a name, description and point value.
- In the Submission Type section, select External Tool from the dropdown menu (See Fig. 1).
- Select Find (see Fig. 2).
- In the Configure External Tool pop-up window, scroll down the list and locate the Google Assignments tool (See Fig. 3). Select it.
- A pop-up window will appear. Login to your Google Drive account, or confirm that the account you are currently logged into is correct. Select Continue .
- The pop-up window will switch to the Create a Google assignment page (See Fig. 4).
- Choose whether you want to use the plagiarism (originality) tool.
- Attach files from your Google Drive that you want to use with the assignment.
- Enter the same point value that you did in the Canvas page.
- If you will enter a due date in the Canvas page, enter the same date here. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
- Choose whether you want to use a rubric. If so, select a Rubric or create a new one. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Select Create . You'll return to the Configure External Tool pop-up window.
- Select Select . The pop-up window closes, and you will return to the Canvas Assignment page.
- Continuing entering the information on the Canvas page. If you entered a due date on the Google Assignment pop-up window, enter the same date here.
- Select Save & Publish or Save .
Modified on: Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 11:26 AM
Did you find it helpful?