The Bookshelf app provides a great deal of reading and study functionality on most phones and tablets.
To set it up, first download the app from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store here.
Once it has been downloaded, you will need to make sure it is synced with your university VitalSource account.
- Log into Canvas on the same device on which you downloaded the app, either through a web browser or the Canvas Student app.
- Go to a course using VitalSource.
- Select a VitalSource link to open the VS Dashboard.
- Select a Read Now link for a book.
- The book will open in a Bookshelf window in the browser or Canvas Student app. A dialog box will open labeled Use the iOS/Android app to read offline and more! in the Bookshelf window (either the upper right corner or center bottom, depending on screen orientation) (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: dialog box
- In the subsequent screen, select Launch App & Sign In. You will be asked to confirm that you want to open the Bookshelf app. Select Open.
- Once signed into the Bookshelf app the first time, we recommend clicking the menu icon at the upper left and then on My Account to make sure that you have entered all of the information VitalSource needs.
To set up the Windows and Mac Laptop/Desktop Bookshelf app, go here.
Modified on Modified on: Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 11:12 AM
Did you find it helpful?