- In Canvas, go to your course.
- Select a VitalSource textbook link in Modules.
- Select Load in New Window. This will open a new tab.
Figure 1: Gear icon for settings
- Select Read offline with the Bookshelf Desktop App.
- Select Open VitalSource Bookshelf.app (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Open the VitalSource Bookshelf app
- The VitalSource Bookshelf App will open on your machine. You may see a brief login prompt, but you should either be passed straight through into the app or be prompted to download the book.
- Select Account > MyAccount. This will open a new browser window.
- Select complete your account (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: complete your account
- Enter the Mizzou email that you use with Canvas.
- You will be prompted to enter your name, a password (which should be different from your university password) and security question. After you finish that, you have full access to the app. You may go back to Canvas, select your other textbooks, and add them to the reader (repeating steps 2, 3, 6, and 7 above for each).
Modified on: Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 11:11 AM
Did you find it helpful?