Setting up VitalSource Bookshelf App on Windows or Mac
- In Canvas, go to your course.
- Click on a VitalSource textbook link in Modules.
- Click on the Load in New Window button. This will open a new tab.
Figure 1: Gear icon for settings
- Click Read offline with the Bookshelf Desktop App.
- Click the Open VitalSource Bookshelf.app button (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Open the VitalSource Bookshelf app
- The VitalSource Bookshelf App will open on your machine. You may see a brief login prompt, but you should either be passed straight through into the app or be prompted to download the book.
- Click on Account > MyAccount. This will open a new browser window.
- Click complete your account (See Fig. 3).Figure 3: complete your account
- Enter the Mizzou email that you use with Canvas.
- You will be prompted to enter your name, a password (which should be different from your university password) and security question. After you finish that, you have full access to the app. You may go back to Canvas, click on your other textbooks, and add them to the reader (repeating steps 2, 3, 6, and 7 above for each).
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 10:20 AM