Program and course design services: Self-paced instructor services
Our department is here to support course and instructional design needs as you work to build your course in One Canvas.
- Would you like to know how asynchronous video can be critical to students learning success?
- Would you like some inclusive and active learning strategies to engage your students in self-paced courses
- Are you interested in ensuring your self-paced course is accessible to support students with diverse learning needs?
We can help with instructional and media design support.
Instructional design support
We partner with Self-Paced Instructors to...
- Design and develop self-paced course content, including assessments and activities
- Create course content that embodies instructional excellence, innovation and best practices
- Define self-paced objectives
- Work on a plan to incorporate appropriate media to drive student engagement with the material
- Help to ensure educational quality of course content, inducing alignment between course activities and objectives
Media design support
- We partner with Self-Paced Instructors to...Participate in designing and developing learning media, video and graphic elements to create engaging course content
- Support ongoing media and digital development needs for One Canvas
- Provide UX consultation, best practices and support for all distance learning and online modalities
Program coordination support
We partner with Departmental Course Schedulers to...
- Provide customized course scheduling support in myZou to ensure accuracy and consistency in course set-up, edits and maintenance
Trainings & resources
We offer a number of trainings and resources that may be helpful to you during the migration process.
- Design and build an online course
- Designing and Building Your Online Course (DBYOC), is a 10 week program broken into sections to help you design in One Canvas. While the main focus is online learning this course has many applicable course material that can enhance your self-paced course design.
- Accessibility resources | Keep Learning - Missouri Online
How to contact us
Student lifecycle support
Our department is here to support students.
- Provide assistance to students needing help navigating their course or working with any of the technology tools embedded in their self paced courses.
- Support students who need help taking proctored exams, either in setting up that exam or if they run into issues taking or completing the exam.
- Help students with questions around how self-paced courses work and the associated policies unique to those courses.
- Help problems with assignments submissions, either inside Canvas or a third-party platform.
Modified on: Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 12:39 PM
Did you find it helpful?