Here is a helpful checklist of things to remember as you get your course(s) ready.
- Would you like training on Canvas?
- Would you like training on how to use SmarterProctoring?
- Do you have a development site setup in Canvas?
- Have you updated your content (including assessments) to reflect any changes you’d like to make to the course (including changes to textbooks or textbook editions)?
- Have you adopted your textbooks through the Mizzou Store?
- Have you enabled AutoAccess in your course?
- Do you need to work with MU Libraries on any copyright or electronic reserves materials?
- Have you set up your exams, with SmarterProctoring, on your Canvas site?
- Do you have a communication plan for your students for when they have questions about the course and logistics (I.e., how do they communicate with you? How will you make sure they know how to communicate with you?)
- Have you completed an accessibility check on your Canvas site?
- Have you completed your development site before importing the content of that site into your official Canvas site?
- Have you published your Canvas site?
- Have you emailed your students with the syllabus and communication plan?
- Have you contacted each of your students on a regular basis (every 2 - 4 weeks) to remind them to complete course work if they have not started or made appropriate progress?
- This is important for all students, but particularly Pell Recipients, who cannot receive their funding until half of the course is completed. It is vitally important that students are contacted when they are not making appropriate progress to minimize Financial Aid disruption and withdrawals/failures/incompletes in the classes.
Modified on: Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 9:32 AM
Did you find it helpful?