Top Hat - UMKC only
Top Hat is a web-based student response system and comprehensive teaching platform that instructors can use to engage students with interactive slides, graded questions, polls, assignments and more. Students can use smartphones, tablets, laptops, and ordinary cell phones to participate. Canvas integration is available for grade book synchronization.
How can I use Top Hat in teaching?
- Run engaging class presentations embedded with interactive polls and quizzes. .
- Take attendance.
- Easily create, personalize and assign homework that reinforces student learning.
- Keep students engaged in class meetings with live chat functionality.
What is unique about Top Hat?
- Allow learners to discuss topics and concepts with their peers, professors and teaching assistants and offer discussion questions that can be graded.
- Low stake assessment. Instructors can assign points questions and attendance. Self-paced responses is also available for in-class quizzes if desired.
- Peer Instruction. Students can discuss their answers after the question result is displayed, or through a discussion session.
- Course material review. Besides presenting slides in class, instructors can also assign Top Hat content to the class for students to review on their own pace after class.
Top Hat Classroom can be used through any mobile device by texting, any smart device through their app or through a web browser. Students will have to log into Top Hat on their devices.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 9:11 AM