Transitioning Cengage in One Canvas
What is the same?
Everything. There is no difference in the Cengage integration between the old instance of Canvas and the new one.
What has changed?
Nothing. However, if you are importing Canvas courses with the old style Cengage Unlimited links (pre-FS2020), it is advisable to remove the old links and redo them in the new style to avoid confusing students.
What actions do I need to take?
Whether you are creating a new course with Cengage or importing an old one, you will need to enable Cengage in your course menu.
- Go to the course's Settings.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Drag Cengage from the bottom to the place you wish it to appear in the course menu in the top portion of the screen.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom.
What else should I know?
- The first time you click on a Cengage link on the new server, you will be asked to reauthenticate with Cengage. You will need your Cengage password.
- When copying a Canvas course with old Cengage content, the copy process may show a number of issues regarding the account External tool. You may safely ignore these.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 10:42 AM