Canvas Quizzes and Surveys
Quizzes is an assessment tool that is integrated in Canvas. Surveys allow students to respond to questions without being awarded or penalized based on their answer. Instructors and students access Quizzes through the course navigation button or links that are within a Canvas site for their course.
How can I use Canvas Quizzes and Surveys in teaching?
- Practice quizzes allow students to self-check on concepts covered.
- Graded quizzes assess student understanding of material.
- Assess pre-class or pre-module background knowledge of topics to be discussed
- Poll students on logistical matters (e.g., a preferred date for a study session)
- Poll students on questions related to course content
- Allow students to respond anonymously to potentially sensitive topics
What is unique about Canvas Quizzes and Surveys?
- You can extend time on a quiz/survey to allow one (or more) student(s) time to do the assessment.
- You can insert various media into quiz/survey questions and answers.
- You can award "fudge points" to raise a grade.
- Question types include multiple choice, multiple answer, true/false, matching, fill in the blank/multiple blanks, numerical, short answer, essays, hot spot, categorization, and ordering.
- Surveys can be graded or ungraded. In a graded survey, students earn a designated number of points for completing the survey (regardless of their responses).
Quizzes are a part of Canvas, so there is no software to install. Canvas Quizzes will run in your web browser and on almost any internet connection
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Thu, May 28, 2020 at 9:02 AM