Pressbooks is a simple, free book production software. You can use Pressbooks to publish textbooks, syllabi, books and more in multiple formats.
How can I use Pressbooks in teaching?
- Adopt and/or modify existing open educational resources (OER).
- Author and publish OER textbooks.
- Use advanced tools to add interactive elements for review, homework, and testing.
What is unique about Pressbooks?
- Pressbooks provides an easy to use content and assessment integration with Canvas.
- Pressbooks provides a robust authoring environment built on top of WordPress.
- Pressbooks is also integrated with H5P and Hypothes.is.
Pressbooks is integrated into Canvas, so there is no software to install — it runs through the browser. Students can go to Canvas via their usual browser to access Pressbooks.
Modified on: Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:16 PM
Did you find it helpful?