Adding Hypothesis to a Canvas Module
- From your Canvas site, click the Module button on the navigation menu.
- Click the +button next to a Module group to add a new Module Item (See Fig. 1).
- In the Add Item popup window, click on the Add dropdown menu and select External Tool from the list of options (See Fig. 2).
- A list of tools that have been installed for your course site will appear. Scroll through the list and select Hypothesis (See Fig. 3).
Click the Add Item button. This window will close.
Next, you will add the document you want to annotate.
Click one of the links below for instructions on adding the type of document you will use:
Using a PDF from Canvas Files
- On the Link Resource from External Tool screen, click the Use Canvas File button.
- You will see a list of files in your Canvas Files directory. Click on the title of the file you want to use and click the Submit button. You will return to the External Tool window.
- In the Page Name field enter a name for the module item or leave the default name.
- Click the Add Item button.
Using a URL or other online document
- On the Link Resource from External Tool screen, put your cursor in the Public Document URL field and paste or type the web address to the page you want to use.
NOTE: The link must be publicly viewable (i.e., not behind a login or paywall).
- Click the Submit button.
The Hypothesis-enabled Module Item will be listed on the Modules page. When your students click on the Module Item, the web page or document will open with Hypothesis enabled and scoped to your class enrollments.
Modified on: Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 2:20 PM
Did you find it helpful?