- From your Canvas site, select Modules in the navigation menu.
- Select the + icon next to a Module group to add a new Module Item (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Adding a new module item
- In the Add Item pop-up window, select Add and choose External Tool from the list of options (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Select External Tool from the drop-down menu.
- A list of tools that have been installed for your course site will appear. Scroll through the list and select Hypothesis (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: External tool drop down menu
Select Add Item.
Next, you will add the document you want to annotate (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Options to upload a document
Select one of the links below for instructions on adding the type of document you will use:
Using a PDF from Canvas Files
- On the Link Resource from External Tool screen, select Use Canvas File (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Choosing to add a Canvas file
- You will see a list of files in your Canvas Files directory. Select the title of the file you want to use and select Submit. You will return to the External Tool window. (See Fig. 6)
Figure 6: Submit button
- In the Page Name field enter a name for the module item or leave the default name.
- Select Add Item.
Using a URL or other online document
- On the Link Resource from External Tool screen, put your cursor in the Public Document URL field and paste or type the web address to the page you want to use (See Fig. 7).
NOTE: The link must be publicly viewable (i.e., not behind a login or paywall).
Figure 7: Linking the URL
- Select Submit.
The Hypothesis-enabled Module Item will be listed on the Modules page. When your students click on the Module Item, the webpage or document will open with Hypothesis enabled and scoped to your class enrollments.
Modified on Modified on: Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 10:35 AM
Did you find it helpful?