Canvas Announcements is a Canvas tool that can be used to notify students of course updates and information. Students receive email notifications of announcements based on their set preferences. Instructors and students access Announcements through the course navigation button that is within a Canvas site.
How can I use Canvas Announcements in teaching?
- Notify students of class cancellation, if a class location has moved, or if you will be out of town or delayed in providing feedback on an assignment, etc.
- Send a weekly review at the end of the week or a preview at the beginning of the week.
- Remind students of upcoming due dates.
- Notify students of campus events or news items of interest or relevance.
What is unique about Announcements?
- Each Canvas user can set their own notification settings, including those for announcements.
- Announcements can be scheduled in advance or posted immediately.
- Instructors can post announcements to just one, or multiple sections of the course.
- Announcements use the Rich Content Editor so you can include links, files and other media.
Announcements are a part of Canvas, so there is no software to install. Canvas Announcements will run in your web browser and on almost any internet connection.
Modified on: Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 8:59 AM
Did you find it helpful?