Canvas Files is a Canvas tool that can store content and assignment submissions. Instructors and students access Files through Modules, their user profile and the course navigation button that is within a Canvas site.
How can I use Canvas Files in teaching?
- Files can be used to share content with students.
- Files can be used to view your assignment submissions as a student.
- Make a handout available for students to read or review; for example, PowerPoint slides from your in-class lecture or a Word document synthesizing key concepts from the lesson.
- Make a document available for students to fill in and then submit as an assignment.
- Add images—as attachments or embedded within a Page.
- Files can be attached to a Canvas module or linked from anywhere the Rich Content Editor is available, including Pages, Announcements, Discussions, Assignments or Quizzes.
- Within the Files section of your course site, you can create folders and subfolders to organize content.
- Students can upload their own files within Canvas Groups, if they wish to use files for collaboration.
What is unique about Files?
- Files can be set with different usage rights.
- Files is built with responsive design to adjust for browser scaling.
Files is a part of Canvas, so there is no software to install. Canvas Files will run in your web browser and on almost any internet connection.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 1:04 PM