Canvas Files is a Canvas tool that can store content and assignment submissions. Instructors and students access Files through Modules, their user profile and the course navigation button that is within a Canvas site.
How can I use Canvas Files in teaching?
- Files can be used to share content with students.
- Files can be used to view your assignment submissions as a student.
- Make a handout available for students to read or review; for example, PowerPoint slides from your in-class lecture or a Word document synthesizing key concepts from the lesson.
- Make a document available for students to fill in and then submit as an assignment.
- Add images—as attachments or embedded within a Page.
- Files can be attached to a Canvas module or linked from anywhere the Rich Content Editor is available, including Pages, Announcements, Discussions, Assignments or Quizzes.
- Within the Files section of your course site, you can create folders and subfolders to organize content.
- Students can upload their own files within Canvas Groups, if they wish to use files for collaboration.
What is unique about Files?
- Files can be set with different usage rights.
- Files is built with responsive design to adjust for browser scaling.
Files is a part of Canvas, so there is no software to install. Canvas Files will run in your web browser and on almost any internet connection.
Modified on Modified on: Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 1:04 PM
Did you find it helpful?