Editing a Parent course name during a Course Combo in the CRS
Note: This must be done when requesting your course combo. If your course has been previously combined and you would like to change the name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org know so that we can deactivate the previous course request.
- Go to the Canvas Request System.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click the Course Combo tab from the blue bar at the top of the screen.
- Search for and select the Parent Course (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Select the Parent Course
- Click Edit Parent Course Names using the blue button. Certain parts of the name cannot be changed, but you can make edits to some areas and name the course after multiple sections (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Edit Parent Course Names
- When editing the course name make sure you understand how it will show up in your course (See Fig. 3)
Figure 3: Examples of Canvas long and short names
- Search for and select the Child Courses (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Select the Child Courses
- After selecting all the Child Courses that you would like add, click Submit Course Combo Request (See Fig. 5).
Figure 5: Submit Course Combo Request
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 1:20 PM