Transitioning Pearson MyLab and Mastering in One Canvas
What is the same?
The actual tools will work the same as they always have, but there are some minor differences in setting them up and accessing them.
What has changed?
We have updated our integrations with Pearson MyLabs & Mastering, as well as with the Pearson Revel products. The link is now named Pearson Access. When clicking the link, it displays a button labelled Open Pearson.
Until you have paired your course, you will be given the option to choose either MyLabs & Mastering or Revel. After the first time, you will still click on Pearson Access, then Open Pearson to get to manage your course.
What actions do I need to take?
Whether you are creating a new course with McGraw-Hill Connect or importing an old one, you will need to enable Cengage in your course menu.
- Go to the course's Settings.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Drag Pearson Access from the bottom to the place you wish it to appear in the course menu in the top portion of the screen.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom.
What else should I know?
- The first time you click on a Pearson link on the new server, you will be asked to re-authenticate with Pearson. You will need your Pearson password.
- When pairing with MyLabs & Mastering, you will continue to see choices for the two different product lines until the MyLabs & Mastering course has been created. This may take up to three hours.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 12:37 PM